Press Releases: 2014
Datapipe Expands Managed Cloud for Amazon Web Services Enterprise Deployments
Global leader in managed cloud services for AWS rolls out enhanced solutions for enterprise security, risk management, financial optimization and hybrid connectivity
Jersey City, NJ, July 10, 2014 — Datapipe, a global provider of managed hosting and cloud services, today announced the expansion of its Managed Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS). The enhanced solutions focus on three key areas of concern regarding enterprise public cloud adoption – security and risk management, optimizing the usage and accounting of highly elastic, distributed resources, and the implementation of hybrid IT solutions.
As the global leader in managed cloud services for AWS, Datapipe is providing end-to-end solutions that build on its deep understanding of AWS environments. Datapipe’s own network of data centers provides a highly secure foundation for hybrid IT solutions delivered in combination with AWS. With these enhanced solutions, Datapipe customers can effectively integrate AWS into their managed private cloud and traditional IT environments.
Tailoring cloud deployments to specific customer needs, Datapipe continues to provide new, enriched cloud capabilities for mission critical and day-to-day enterprise operations. Specific enhancements to Datapipe’s Managed Cloud for AWS offerings include the following:
Enterprise cloud security and risk management:
The development of enterprise-class cloud security and business resilience and recovery services coupled with enhanced liability shifting and contracting mechanisms enables Datapipe to further protect customers as they expand and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. Specific features include:
- Best practice implementation of Identity and Access Management (IAM) of AWS environments
- Enterprise governance and security policies across AWS and hybrid IT environments
- Fully managed security controls including threat detection and log management
- Ensure data resilience with hybrid solutions for backup and recovery of mission critical databases
- New contracting and liability products that support risk transfer to Datapipe from the client for managed AWS Environments
Managed hybrid cloud connect: Leveraging AWS Direct Connect, Datapipe’s global data centers and network, this service provides customers the design and implementation of a fully managed hybrid IT solution. The offering connects AWS resources to Datapipe’s managed physical infrastructure and leading hosted private cloud via AWS Direct Connect in Seattle, WA; Silicon Valley, CA; Ashburn, VA; London and Singapore. Customer benefits include:
- The high speed, low latency direct connect allows AWS instances to communicate with high input/output (I/O) solutions hosted in Datapipe’s data centers ideal for transactional systems and real-time applications
- High performance database services allow for the development and management of hybrid connectivity between physical databases and AWS cloud services
- Offsite data backup and disaster recovery provides an alternative environment and ensures that the required database resources will be available 24x7x365
Operational analytics and optimization assessment: By applying the recently announced Datapipe Cloud Analytics platform, this assessment empowers customers to:
- Quickly receive complete data analysis of their AWS environment
- Develop a benchmarking and best practices report and identify a set of KPIs and action plans to optimize and expand the value of AWS across the enterprise
- Analyze AWS patterns for mining, refining and delivering insight for optimization across cost, utilization and governance
“The rapid growth in cloud adoption is changing how IT organizations optimize their internal and external resources,” said Robb Allen, CEO of Datapipe. “By expanding our managed cloud solutions for AWS, we are addressing the key barriers to public cloud adoption and enhancing the value of AWS for our enterprise clients.”
Datapipe to co-present with McGraw Hill Education, at the AWS Summit NYC, on hybrid cloud solution
Datapipe is exhibiting and speaking at the AWS NYC Summit on July 10th at the Javits Convention Center. Datapipe’s Director of Compliant Solutions, Mark Fuqua, and Shane Shelton, McGraw Hill Education’s Senior Director of Application Performance and Development Operations, will present a session on the steps taken to deliver an end-to-end hybrid infrastructure. The case study will cover the issues faced by McGraw Hill Education, problems solved, services implemented and the approach used in developing a holistic hybrid solution, utilizing Datapipe’s managed cloud services for AWS.
Datapipe is a managed service provider focused on optimizing, managing and securing mission-critical IT services for the enterprise. Areas of expertise include private and public cloud, HIPAA, PCI compliance, security, database, network, storage, disaster recovery and migration. Datapipe operates data centers in influential technical and financial markets including New York Metro, Ashburn VA, Silicon Valley, Iceland, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.