Press Releases: 2014
Datapipe Acquires Layered Tech, Extends Leadership in Secure and Compliant Managed Cloud Services
Expanding reach into US Government, Datapipe now offers FISMA certified cloud offerings
Jersey City, NJ, August 19, 2014 — Datapipe, a global provider of cloud and managed services and a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud Enabled Hosting, today announced its acquisition of managed hosting and cloud company Layered Tech. The acquisition will fuel Datapipe’s continued growth and leadership in delivering secure and compliant managed cloud services, as well as its expansion into the Government sector with FISMA and FedRAMP compliant Federal cloud offerings.
Expanding the choice and control of managed cloud hosting to Clients and the Market:
- Strengthening of Datapipe’s Enterprise Cloud Risk Management solution, bringing together security and compliant managed cloud solutions which guarantees that a customer's environment will pass an audit from properly sanctioned regulators, as well as contracting and liability options that transfer the risk of running public cloud services to Datapipe.
- Delivering a first of a kind Hybrid Cloud Solution to Federal Customers. Government agencies, departments and programs will be able to leverage Datapipe’s Hybrid Cloud offerings, including Managed Services for AWS (Amazon Web Services), and tailor their cloud solutions to a unique sets of requirements.
- Enhancing the value for current Layered Tech clients through a comprehensive suite of managed hosting and cloud services delivered through Datapipe’s exceptional service, a world-class network, and global data center footprint.
Key benefits to Datapipe as part of this acquisition:
- Expands Datapipe’s range and reach into the Federal market with unique, innovative and fully compliant managed services
- Datapipe will become one of the few providers suited to helping clients meet requirements in Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance environments
- Creates further differentiation for Datapipe as it advances its high value security and compliance cloud solutions to the marketplace – supporting client’s most rigorous of environments
Layered Tech is a midsize, private managed hosting and cloud IaaS provider. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition of Layered Tech will expand Datapipe’s data center presence through additional locations in Kansas City, Missouri; Denver, Colorado; and Dallas, Texas.
As part of this acquisition Datapipe is announcing the formation of the Datapipe Government Solutions business unit, a division of Datapipe Inc. Dan Tudahl, former President and General Manager of Layered Tech Government Solutions, will serve as President and General Manager of this new unit. Datapipe Government Solutions provides secure cloud and managed hosting services with a reputation for unparalleled customer support and a track record for consistently meeting the stringent security requirements of government agencies, system integrators, resellers and independent software providers.
“We have seen increased client value in delivering secure and compliant managed cloud solutions that directly connect public cloud platforms, such as AWS, to our own hosted private cloud and traditional hosted infrastructure,” Said Robb Allen, CEO of Datapipe. “With the acquisition of Layered Tech we are looking forward to providing this unique combination of security, choice and control to Government clients as they tackle the complexities of leveraging cloud-based services.”
Datapipe is a managed service provider focused on optimizing, managing and securing mission-critical IT services for the enterprise. Areas of expertise include private and public cloud, HIPAA, PCI compliance, security, database, network, storage, disaster recovery and migration. Datapipe operates data centers in influential technical and financial markets including New York Metro, Ashburn VA, Silicon Valley, Iceland, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.