Effective Date: October 31, 2008
The privacy of GoGrid's customers and affiliates is important to us. Therefore:
GoGrid does not sell or rent personally identifiable information.
GoGrid does not spam, and its policies forbid use of the Service for spam.
(For details, see our Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.datapipe.com/gogrid/legal/acceptable_use_policy/)
GoGrid policy requires that all company employees sign a confidentiality agreement.
The confidentiality agreement includes the following affirmation:
I recognize that the Company has received and in the future will receive from third parties their confidential or proprietary information subject to a duty on the Company's part to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use it only for certain limited purposes. I agree to hold all such confidential or proprietary information in the strictest confidence and not to disclose it to any person, firm or corporation or to use it except as necessary in carrying out my work for the Company consistent with the Company's agreement with such third party.
Data GoGrid Collects
A. GoGrid collects and uses data from our customers, and from visitors to our websites (including blogs), as follows:
- Visitor Number Tracking: GoGrid tracks the number of visitors to GoGrid's website, as well as the pages they visit within the sites and the hyper-links they use (if any) to leave. This doesn't involve collection of any personally identifiable information. We use this information to analyze interest in and usage of the website and the Service.
- Data Provided Through Inquiry Forms: Website visitors interested in the Service can fill out a sales inquiry form at the site. Those forms request company name, individual name, title, address, telephone number(s), and email address(es), as well as technical and business information related to the Service. GoGrid uses this information to contact the potential customer and to discuss Service parameters. We also use the information to generate statistics regarding interest in the Service. We might share these statistics with third parties, but they don't include any personally identifiable information.
- Customer Account Information: When customers sign up for the Service, and during their Service relationship, we collect some or all of the following: company name, individual name, title, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), credit card number, and choice of service package. We also record and retain most written communications with customers, including trouble tickets, support requests, and payment history. GoGrid uses this information for customer support. We also use contact information to send customers Service-related announcements, including newsletters and notices of new Service features and related products and services provided by GoGrid partners. Customers can opt out of new product/service notices by sending an email to email@example.com, or by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any one of the email notices. (However, current customers may not opt out of necessary Service or account maintenance notices.) Finally, we generate statistical information regarding our customer-base and use it to analyze our business. We might share this statistical information with third parties, but it doesn't include any personally identifiable information.
- Blog Replies: A customer, user, or visitor may respond to the various blogs provided through our website. If the author so chooses, the response may include personally identifiable information, and that information will be posted online along with the rest of the blog reply. In general, however, we do not recommend that blog replies include personally identifiable information.
- Contestant Information: GoGrid occasionally runs contests for promotional purposes. We may collect certain information from contestants, including personally identifiable information. We may list that information in online or other public notices of contest winners. We may also use contest entries (videos, blogs, etc.) for public marketing purposes, and we may include contestant names and other personally identifiable information with those entries. For more on how we use information provided by contestants, please see the rules for the contest in question.
B. GoGrid also sometimes: (1) tracks the IP addresses of computers communicating (via e-mail or any other mechanism) with our customers' systems; and (2) inspects data packets ("deep packet inspection" or "DPI") solely for the purpose of trending and archiving specific threat types. Data described in the preceding sentence may include personally identifiable information, including information belonging to our customers' own customers and their website visitors. GoGrid uses this data solely to maintain the security of the Service.
A. Through the Service, GoGrid provides computing and network infrastructure that hosts customer websites, Internet communications, and other applications. As a result, our infrastructure stores and transmits information about customers' businesses, as well as information collected by those businesses. We refer to all such information that we do not actively collect as "Hosted Data." Hosted Data may include personally identifiable information and other information that belongs to our customers' own customers, website visitors, or other users.
B. GoGrid is a passive recipient of Hosted Data: we take no active part in collecting it, and generally we do not access its content. However, GoGrid staff may occasionally access Hosted Data through delivery of services and support to customers. For instance, staff may come into contact with Hosted Data by verifying back-up and restore processes, by verifying that applications are running properly, or through debugging efforts.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information and Hosted Data
A. GoGrid doesn't share personally identifiable information or Hosted Data under any circumstances, except as provided in paragraph B below and except: (1) to the extent that blog replies or contest sign-ups include personally identifiable information (per the contest's rules, in the latter case); (2) as requested by law enforcement agencies or required by law; (3) to maintain the security of the Service and of GoGrid's own network and data, including by assisting third party claimants in investigating security breaches; (4) to collect money owed to GoGrid, including through legal proceedings; and (5) to identify, contact, or take legal action against customers or third parties violating GoGrid's Acceptable Use Policy, interfering with property rights or with the Service, or breaking the law. GoGrid doesn't access or use Hosted Data except through provision of debugging and related services, as described under "Hosted Data" above, and for the reasons listed in the preceding sentence.
B. GoGrid sometimes employs independent contractors to help run the Service, and such contractors may have access to data, similar to the access we give our employees. Also, GoGrid stores sales account data, including customer passwords and personally identifiable information, with a third party application service provider. The current provider is SalesForce.com. This third party data storage does not apply to Hosted Data.
A. GoGrid takes precautions to ensure that access to databases containing customer information is available only from within GoGrid's internal network or through our sales application service provider, currently SalesForce.com. Further, we typically encrypt financial information during transmission, or use secure protocols. No protocol, encryption, or other precaution can provide complete security for electronic data, so we don't provide a guarantee of security.
B. GoGrid policy requires that all its employees execute a confidentiality agreement which includes the affirmation quoted above. GoGrid is under contract with a professional employment organization ("PEO"), and that PEO helps enforce our policy requiring confidentiality agreements. Most contractors also sign a confidentiality agreement, with obligations similar to the employees'. (Customers and other third parties are not beneficiaries of the employee confidentiality agreement, or of GoGrid's agreements with independent contractors or with the PEO, and so have no rights to enforce those contracts.)
C. For information about security of sales account data stored with SalesForce.com, please visit http://www.salesforce.com.
Changing Account Information
Customers can change their account information. Most customers can do so via GoGrid's online customer portal. All other customers can access and change account information by contacting their GoGrid billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Misuse of Data
Customers and other third parties should contact GoGrid about any suspected misuse of their personally identifiable information or other data. All such inquiries or complaints should be directed to us via email to email@example.com.
Not Applicable to Third Party Data Handlers