Stratosphere® Private Cloud
Stratosphere®: our globally-available hosted private cloud platform
Stratosphere® is Datapipe’s high-performance managed private cloud computing platform, designed to meet enterprise requirements for governance, usability, compliance, and interoperability with traditional computer platforms.
Stratosphere® enables clients to deploy custom-developed third-party applications on its infrastructure, allowing for seamless integration with our managed AWS, Azure, hybrid cloud, dedicated hosting options and includes our managed compliance and security services.
Deploy dynamic cloud solutions for your organization
Our industry-leading private cloud technology, coupled with mission-critical cloud management service, allows you to build a private cloud according to your unique requirements. Stratosphere® provides the complete stack – computing, storage, security, and network – in a dedicated environment with industry-leading SLAs. Clients have a choice of hypervisors (VMWare ESX, KVM, or Xen) the amount of computing power (2 to 100+ Dual 6-Core Servers), and the amount of storage (5 TB or more). Datapipe configures and manages the environment.
The service extends beyond individual VM images running on commodity hardware. Datapipe provides a turn-key cloud infrastructure software stack for delivering virtual data centers as a service with pay-as-you-grow economics.
The benefits of Stratosphere® hosted private cloud
- Deploy your hosted private cloud infrastructure anywhere in our global data center network.
- Stratosphere Cloud Regions provide inexpensive, low-latency network connectivity to other locations.
- Launching instances in multiple regions to protect applications from impairment of a single region.
- Asia locations include difficult-to-reach Hong Kong Economic Zone, and Shanghai (Mainland China).
- Usage based billing – pay for what you use
- Lower cost storage
- Scale up/down servers on-demand
- Scale storage independently of compute
- Paused VMs maintain machine state without compute charges
- Additional cost savings from high-performance that require fewer computing resources
Customize Your Cloud
- Use predefined enterprise class templates to build or customize
- Hypervisor agnostic
- Multiple storage solutions
- Resource over-provisioning and limits
- API and Customer Portal Access
- Co-branding/white label deployments available
Stratosphere® use cases:
- Manage public and private cloud resources with a single vendor
- Enable corporate governance and auditing across cloud deployments
- Deliver capabilities of public cloud behind a private dedicated firewall
- Automatically provision and manage networking policies, security groups, load-balancing, and high-availability services
- Enable instant capacity on-demand through cloud bursting out to public resources
- Cloud disaster recovery (provider diversity, geographic redundancy)
The Stratosphere® API is loosely based on the REST architecture and allows developers to create new resources and integrate existing systems with Stratosphere®. It supports POST/GET requests and returns both XML and JSON response formats.
To get started using the Stratosphere® API, you should have the following:
- The API Key and Secret Key for an account. Your API Key and Secret key can be found on your account details screen.
- Familiarity with HTTP GET/POST and query strings.
- Knowledge of either XML or JSON.
- Knowledge of a programming language that can generate HTTP requests; for example, Java or PHP.
- The Datapipe Stratosphere® API developers guide.
- Full list of commands available through the developer API.
Datapipe Cloud Portal
While Datapipe manages your complete Stratosphere® private cloud, you can easily adjust service offering and configuration options, such as the operating system, memory, and storage allocation, through the Datapipe Cloud Portal or API.
The Cloud Portal provides access over a secure Internet connection, allowing clients to easily provision, run, manage, and decommission virtual machines (VMs). Optionally, the portal can be co-branded, enabling clients to deliver services under their own name.
The Cloud Portal gives you the power to know exactly what you are spending on cloud compute resources with daily spend reporting, create additional user accounts, and provides access to performance monitoring with reports on Network Throughput and CPU Utilization.