Datapipe has a long history of recognition from Gartner as a leading managed service provider. We are honored to find ourselves repeatedly placed within the renowned Magic Quadrant, which represents Gartner’s evaluation of a company’s completeness of vision and ability to execute amongst their peers. As Gartner Symposium 2016 kicks off today, we wanted to take a quick look at our history with Gartner’s Magic Quadrant:
- It started in 2011 with our first placement in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Web Hosting
- In 2012, Datapipe was named to both the Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting and the Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- In 2013, we were recognized in the Magic Quadrant For Managed Hosting
- In 2014, Datapipe was named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Enabled Managed Hosting in North America and we received our first recognition in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Asia-Pacific
- In 2015, Datapipe was again recognized in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Asia-Pacific and was also positioned by Gartner in the Visionaries quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, Asia-Pacific. We continued as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in North America for the second year in a row.
Moving from a Challenger to a Leader in North America and a Visionary in Asia over 5 years shows consistency and dedication to provide the most complete set of services, global locations, and strategic partners to maximize the business value of our client’s IT solutions.
As noted throughout these Gartner reports, we are one of the few providers that have truly integrated capabilities with large-scale third-party cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and now Alibaba Cloud. We were also one of the first providers with support in Mainland China, ensuring our global footprint across North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific meets the needs of multinational clients.
Datapipe continually demonstrate a strong commitment to broaden its offering. We do this by listening to and anticipating the needs of the vast array of enterprises we work with and focusing on strategic growth through acquisitions (like that of Layered Tech, GoGrid, DualSpark, and, most recently, Adapt). This client-centric approach helps us develop our groundbreaking products and forward-looking services – and earns us a long list of accolades from customers, peers, and industry analysts like Gartner.
We’ll be at Gartner Symposium 2016 to better understand how we might further improve our services and fill the gaps analyst see within the industry. If you happen to be in Orlando this week as well, feel free to visit us at Booth #513.