If you’ve been following our blog or social, you might have noticed our recent involvement in the 2015 Storage, Virtualization, Cloud (SVC) Awards. These awards celebrate the products, projects and services in the cloud, virtualization, and storage sector. They are nominated by a committee and voted on by industry customers, partners, and peers. Last week, voting came to an end and Datapipe was named the winner in the Security Project of the Year category for our Datapipe Access Control Model for Amazon Web Services (DACMA), which brings deeper and more secure AWS adoption to enterprises.
Through its AWS Trust Relationships and Security Token Services (STS) software, DACMA allows Datapipe to effectively manage client systems without requiring them to hand over the keys to the system. This keeps organizations in complete control of both virtual infrastructure and data. Here’s a quick rundown of all that DACMA can do for businesses that utilize AWS:
- Helps enterprises that struggle with implementing AWS security capabilities, required security policies, and process transformations.
- Brings together security and compliance best practices by providing role-based access, multi-factor authentication, accountability tracking and managed support without granting access to administrator/root-level credentials.
- Uses AWS best practices, security processes and software for a complete access control platform security solution.
- Dramatically reduces the risk of disruption of service or data breach due to unauthorized access.
- The ideal solution for enterprises wanting to take advantage of managed services for AWS, but want to maintain control over their credentials and security access points.
As our CSO, Joel Friedman, described back when we originally launched the product: “Enterprises often struggle with understanding and implementing the complete set of security capabilities that are available in the AWS platform, as well as the security policies and process transformation required for their teams. DACMA bridges that gap. DACMA delivers an even greater level of security best practices, based on our extensive experience in managing AWS services.”
A huge thank you to everyone who supported us and took the time to vote in these awards. Our customers and partners are a big part of our success. Customers are our priority and we only partner with the best to ensure we provide the best service possible to our customers. We truly appreciate the support and, without you, this award would not have been possible.
To read up further on DACMA or learn about additional Datapipe security best practices, see here: https://www.datapipe.com/security_compliance/.